Millie is sorting a box of o.b. in the hallway as I type. She's putting them back in the box, then in a little bucket we use to rinse their hair, and back in the box. Stu calls them "clooms." I'm not sure what this means or what it's derived from, but I like it.
I laughed to myself as I walked to the ladies room today with a cloom concealed in my hand. It's been a while since I had to worry about such "lady business." We had a good run, nursing amenorrhea and I, but it's come to an end. A full 25 months since my LMP, and Millie's 15 months old. I'm sure it's not a record but I was starting to wonder if something was up.
I'm planning on getting a Keeper. Just like the sauce, it's in there!
My Mother's Day gift to myself was a few hours to work on the curtains for Millie's room while Bill and the kids were napping. "Millie's room" is our computer room for now, but there's only one curtain in there, one I made about 6 months ago. After a few hours of folding and ironing and finally believing I'd matched the length, I sewed a hem and a decorative top stitch. And, it's too long. I'm in the process of ripping the seams and will follow Bill's suggestion to measure it next time. Ahem. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised when these things don't work out when I'm mostly eyeballing it.

Ya know... if you got a good eyeball, I say eyeball it. How much of your life has been wasted with teaspoons and tape measures? So, one time in a hundred you screw up and waste three dollars worth of material... Think of all the time you save. Always weigh flour though. That's right! I said it! Weigh the flour. Crazy? Crazy like a fox.
ReplyDelete"Lady Business" is the name of my new boat.
ReplyDelete