Thursday, May 7, 2009

What This Blog is About

Bill asked me tonight what this blog will be about.  "You!  My blog will be about you, Bill McAdams!"  That's not really true, but he'll probably show up.  I figure I'll write about knitting (the few project I get to do are lovely, and I'll post pictures), these kids, and dreams.  

I have lots of crazy dreams; I suppose everyone does, and this seems like as good a place as any to record them.  I don't remember my dreams from last night, but in the past week I've dreamt of a trip to China with special vomit seats (George Clooney starred as Bill in that one -- it wasn't sexy or anything, just George, but he was Bill) and Rachael and I working at a large blue warehouse, selling souvenirs. Or riding past the place they sold them on a little dunebuggy thing. Or was it a horse?

I also need to write more.  I miss writing and forget to do it, forget that's why I became an English major, forget there was a reason for doing that and not going to school for what they called at that time a "marketable degree."  I've been able to market myself so far, mostly by luck, I think, but it can't hurt to get my chops back up.   My 9th grade English teacher scrawled "You write a mean sentence!" across my position statement on why the no-shorts dress code did not support the fashion of the day (I'd been sent home for wearing a skort, the very same skort I'd worn to EASTER SUNDAY SERVICES, for chrissake,  and who were the Magnolia High School administrators to tell ME that I couldn't wear something permitted in the house of the Lord?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment